The AUA Advocacy team is seeking program speakers for the 7th Annual Urology Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC on February 26-28, 2024 (the “AUA Summit”). The AUA Summit is the premier urologic advocacy conference. Our robust, policy and advocacy focused agenda topics were developed from input by all eight (8) AUA Sections and many specialty societies. Attendees at the AUA Summit are briefed on a variety of health policy issues and legislation and spend an entire day visiting their lawmakers’ offices on Capitol Hill.
Applications to speak should include a brief summary of what your presentation may entail and ought to speak to the policy and advocacy implications and impacts of the following available topics.
Available Topics Include:
- Physician payment reform
- Urologic cancer survivorship
- Research appropriations
- Private equity in urology
- State advocacy – may include:
- Scope of practice
- DSD care restrictions
- Fertility preservation
- AI to address health disparities
Submissions will be evaluated with the following criteria:
- Domestic AUA member or patient advocacy partner
- Relevance of proposal to topic of choice and appropriately tied into AUA advocacy work on the topic
- Demonstrated understanding and impact of the policy’s impact on urology and urologic patients
- Completeness of speaking proposal – including how presentation may tie in with additional panelists
- Preference given to applicants with previous advocacy experience (as indicated in application)
Note: Individuals who are owners or employees of companies that the ACCME deems ineligible (aka commercial interests) will not be accepted as speakers.
Selected speakers will be notified by December 15 and will have their travel and lodging covered to speak at the AUA Summit and participate in the entire event.
Please contact LegislativeAffairs@AUAnet.org with any questions you may have.